This shows the Reading Room at the corner of Church Street and Priory Road. The other buildings were cottages and a shop.
Until the 1850s, the Reading Room was the Feoffes School. The building was erected in 1722 and stood on the site of an earlier wooden structure.
All the buildings in the photograph were demolished in the early 1970s
Photograph by courtesy of Cyril Slinn