Cinema House

Ecclesfield Cinema House

Cinema Area Map

                         Modern View

The Cinema house, situated on The Common, was built and owned by M. J. Gleeson. It was opened on 1st January 1921 and equipped for sound in 1931-2. Shows were once nightly and twice on Saturdays. It finally closed on 7th February 1959.

The building at the right hand side of the picture is the Arundel public house.

Previous Page Next Page

Home Page Contents Page History Maps of Ecclesfield Picture Gallery 1861 Census Site Information